adidas understands that the life of a golfer doesn’t always begin at the first tee and finish on the 18th green. Based on that insight, adidas Golf is introducing a new on- and off-course line extension – adicross – which features urban-inspired and non-traditional apparel and footwear specifically designed for the lifestyle of the modern golfer.
The new adicross apparel line, available December 1st at select retailers and on adidas.com, is highlighted by Anorak jackets, Henley shirts, hoodies and joggers. The introduction of an Oxford brings a fresh take on a classic piece, featuring the stretch and flexibility needed on the range or course. Each piece in the adicross line is designed to be adaptable; helping golfers transition back and forth from the first tee to their everyday lives.
Although it won’t be worn by tour professionals in competition, the new line is something different and unique that changes the golf apparel landscape.
“adicross is the lifestyle brand that golfers everywhere have been waiting for,” said world No. 1 Dustin Johnson. “This is something that I’ll wear when I’m traveling to a tournament, practicing at home, or even headed to the gym. It’s just a cool look that I’m really excited about; especially since it’s so versatile being something you can wear on and off the course.”
To complete the head-to-toe look, adicross also pushes the boundaries with new footwear, led by the adicross Bounce available January 1, 2018. The adicross Bounce features an ergonomic fit, offset wrapped saddle with multiple eyelet rows for customizable lacing, and a non-marking adiwear™ rubber spikeless outsole that features 181 strategically-placed lugs for optimal grip that are green-friendly. Additional adicross footwear styles will be released in February 2018.
“adicross was designed as a result of the feedback we were hearing from our core consumer,” said Dylan Moore, creative director, adidas Golf. “Like everyone else, golfers live in a complex, busy world with many diverse interests. They expect more from less and demand performance out of what they wear. adicross provides it all; performance, comfort and versatility.”
While being functional, the materials that were chosen were built for purpose. Key materials that are part of the adicross apparel line include:
- No-show technology (featured in the Henley, t-shirt and pique polo):
- For the guy that’s breaking a sweat hitting balls at the driving range during his lunch hour, no one will notice. This technology offers a sweat-wicking, double-knit material that eliminates the appearance of sweat before it even gets to the surface. Look good, stay cool.
- Nylon-spandex blend (featured in the five-pocket pant and short)
- This material combines stretch and comfort to increase ease of movement, all while being highly durable. Pants are designed with modern tapered fit, perfect to wear anywhere.
- Primeknit (featured in Icon Polo and Jacket)
- This proprietary material from adidas is soft and stretchy while providing a balanced weight; ideal for enhancing mobility and providing premium comfort and feel.
“We wanted to challenge ourselves to design a line that would aid in helping athletes in their game, their life and in their world,” said Chad Alasantro, senior designer, men’s apparel at adidas Golf. “adicross is a perfect blend of hidden technology, fused with a creative aesthetic. The colors are rich, yet muted, providing the perfect option for golfers both on and off the course.”
For more information on adicross, visit adidas.com.